Stuffed Bell Peppers
3 large bell peppers, red, green and yellow (or any color you prefer)
1 recipe Salsa Meatloaf mixture (click here for recipe)
1 jar Trader Joe's Organic Spaghetti Sauce with Mushrooms (fat free)
1 cup grated cheese of choice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray (organic olive oil or coconut oil sprays are some that are safe).
3. Cut each bell pepper in half lengthwise, cutting through the middle of the stem.
4. Remove the seeds and membrane but not the stems.
5. Divide the meatloaf mixture evenly among the six pepper halves, pressing mixture into peppers (they will be rounded on top).
6. Place the peppers into the baking dish.
7. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the filled peppers.
8. Sprinkle tops of peppers with cheese.
9. Bake, uncovered for about 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat mixture reads 155 degrees.