Easy Italian Soup in the Slow Cooker
This recipe comes from my church cookbook and was entered by my pastor's wife, Karen, originally. Her daughter, Amy, also provided the recipe for a later version of our church cookbook. Though I have adapted it a little, I so appreciate the original recipe and the dear ladies who shared it in the cookbook.
Thank you, Karen and Amy!
One 1 pound beef round steak
One 16-ounce pkg. frozen zucchini, carrots, cauliflower and lima beans
2 t. Italian herbs
One 15-ounce can Italian beans, drained
4 c. chicken stock (get recipe here)
One 14.5-ounce can tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
4 ounces brown rice shell macaroni (Tinkyada brand is good)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
Minced fresh Italian parsley to garnish
1. Cut steak into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine the meat and frozen vegetables.
3. Stir in herbs, beans, stock and tomatoes.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
5. Stir in pasta, cover and continue to cook on high setting for about 30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.
6. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan and parsley.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.