Real Food Recipes - Pineapple-Coconut-Carrot Salad with Coriander Dressing
1/2 lb. carrots, grated
1 15-oz. can pineapple (in its own juice), drained
1 c. shredded dried unsweetened coconut
1/4 c. of raisins, if desired
1 1/2 T. raw, unfiltered honey
1 recipe Coriander Dressing (recipe follows)
Garnishes: pepita seeds, peanuts or other nuts, cilantro sprinkles, chopped green onions, poppy seeds, etc.
1. In a large salad bowl combine carrot, pineapple, coconut and honey.
2. Pour Coriander Dressing (see recipe below) over carrot mixture; toss to coat.
3. Garnish as desired.
4. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
1. In a small bowl whisk together 1/2 c. mayonnaise, 1/2 c. sour cream, 2 T. milk; 2 t. dried crushed coriander and 1 t. honey.
2. Pour desired amount over salad and serve.