Crustless Vegetable Quiche
If you trying to avoid wheat but are still craving a good quiche, why not give this crustless rendition a try.
2 c. coarsely chopped mushrooms
2/3 c. chopped onions
2/3 c. chopped green pepper
1 c. chopped yellow squash
1 t. minced garlic
2 T. butter
5 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. cream
real salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
One 8-ounce pkg. real cream cheese (not low-fat), cut into 1-inch cubes
1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. croutons made with sprouted bread (get recipe here)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute the mushrooms, onions, green pepper, squash and garlic in butter until tender. Let this mixture cool while making croutons.
3. Mix together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper and add the cooled vegetable mixture.
4. Fold in the cubed cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and croutons. Stir gently to combine.
5. Pour into a greased 9x 13-inch casserole dish.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Quiche is done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!