Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
Ingredients:1/2 cup butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (6-ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
real sea salt or Redmond Real salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 recipe yogurt dough (get recipe here)
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup whole cream-top milk real sea salt or Redmond Real salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic, onion and mushrooms in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
3. Stir in spinach, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes in the oven, sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center.
9. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!