1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut aminos, tamari, or low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon avocado oil (or high heat oil)
freshly grate ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1.5 pounds organic chicken breast
1 cup uncooked rice
1 medium head broccoli, chopped
1 large sweet potato, chopped
1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt + pepper, to taste
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
4 cups packed fresh salad greens (spring mix, romaine, spinach, etc.)
Creamy Lime Dressing:
1/2 cup lite canned coconut milk or plain whole milk yogurt (preferably Greek)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
Juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
Toasted sesame seeds
Toasted sesame oil to drizzle over top
Candied ginger cut into 1/2" pieces.
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside.
2. Marinate the chicken: In shallow dish combine honey, coconut aminos (or tamari/soy sauce), oil, ginger and garlic. Place chicken in dish flipping over to coat; let marinate for 15-20 minutes or overnight.
3. Cook your grains: Meanwhile, cook the grains according to package instructions.I used my Instant Pot for the freekeh and followed these instructions.
4. Prep the veggies. Cut broccoli and sweet potatoes; toss them in oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place on lined baking pan and roast for about 20 minutes.
5. Place greens in a serving bowl. Slice red bell pepper and dice red onion and place in serving dishes. Peel and section the mandarin oranges and place in a serving bowl.
6. Cook the chicken. Once the chicken has marinated for about 15 minutes, remove chicken from marinade dish (save the marinade for next step) and place in preheated skillet; cook on medium heat about 4 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Transfer chicken to cutting board and cool before cutting into chunks.
7. Cook down marinade. Pour marinade into skillet and cook on medium-high heat, bringing the marinade to a boil. (Don’t worry! This will kill the bacteria from the raw chicken breast). Whisk marinade for about 1 minute while simmering, until marinade is thick and sticky. Then return cooked/cut chicken to pan and stir to coat; turn off stovetop and let the chicken rest in skillet.
8. Make the dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to blender/food processor until smooth.
9. Assemble the bowls. Place greens, grains, veggies and honey ginger chicken in bowls. Then top with avocado, freshly cracked black pepper, sesame seeds, sesame oil, candied ginger and the creamy lime dressing. Enjoy!
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!