Here's a recipe for an old family favorite - Inside-Out Ravioli. A few people have eaten this dish recently and are waiting for me to post the recipe. So here it is:
1 pound ground beef (from grass-fed and finished cattle is best), or Italian sausage (turkey or pork - from pasture-raised animals is best)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
10 ounces of frozen, chopped organic or pesticide free spinach
32-ounce jar organic spaghetti sauce
1 (6-ounce) can organic tomato pasta
1/2 teaspoon salt (Redmond Real salt is a good choice)
Dash of pepper
7 ounces penne, ziti or shell macaroni, cooked and drained (brown rice pasta is a good choice)
9 ounces shredded cheese - mozzarella or jack (from cows not given rBSt)
3 well-beaten eggs (from pasture-raised chickens)
1/4 cup extra-virgin, cold-pressed olive oil
1 cup soft breadcrumbs
1 cup shredded cheese - mozzarella or jack (from cows not given rBSt)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown meat, onion and garlic in a large skillet.
3. Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain, reserving liquid. Add water to make 1 cup.
4. Add spinach/water-liquid (do not add spinach), spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper to meat mixture.
5. Simmer 10 minutes.
6. Combine spinach, pasta, cheese, eggs, olive oil and bread crumbs.
7. Spread pasta mixture in an oiled 13"x9" baking dish. Top with meat sauce.
8. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese over top.
9. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This is the perfect potluck dish! The first pan to be scraped clean!ReplyDelete
This was delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!ReplyDelete