Asian Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients for Sauce:
1/3 cup orange juice
1 T. each organic maple syrup and rice vinegar
1 t. sesame oil
1/4 t. crushed red pepper flakes
Ingredients for Wraps:
8 oz ground beef or turkey (pasture-fed, raised without antibiotics or hormones)
2 tsp each minced garlic and minced fresh ginger
2 c. Trader Joe's Organic Broccoli Slaw
1 medium red pepper, cut in strips
6 scallions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
1/3 c. cilantro, chopped
2 T. hoisin sauce
8 butter-leaf lettuce leaves, washed
1. Whisk sauce ingredients together in small bowl.
2. Set aside so flavors blend.
3. Meanwhile, cook beef, garlic and ginger in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
4. Add broccoli slaw and red pepper strips; cook 2 minutes more until heated.
5. Remove from heat; stir in scallions, cilantro and hoisin sauce.
6. Distribute beef mixture among lettuce leaves.
7. Drizzle sauce on top.
Makes 8 servings.