Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Chutney
1 cup apricot fruit spread (fruit and fruit juice only - no added sugar)
½ cup golden raisins (organic is best)
¼ cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons grated ginger
1 teaspoon minced onion
Pork Tenderloin Ingredients:
1 tablespoon crushed fresh thyme leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pork tenderloin (about 2 pounds)
1. For apricot chutney, process all ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Transfer ingredients to a medium saucepan over low heat.
3. Stirring frequently, cook 7 to 9 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
4. Remove from heat. Cover and allow flavors to blend.
5. For pork tenderloin, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Combine thyme, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture over pork; place in a roasting pan.
7. Insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of tenderloin and place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes in the oven, spoon about 1/3 cup chutney over tenderloin. Bake an additional 40-50 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.
9. Transfer tenderloin to a serving platter and allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing
10. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve with remaining apricot chutney.
Makes about 4 servings.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!