Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This soup is so delicious! But it becomes so much better when eaten with people that you've invited into your home to minister the love of Christ to, whether they are your kindred in Christ, your neighbors or "strangers".
In the Instant Pot, it takes less than an hour - closer to half an hour - to prepare. Oh, the ease of preparing this wonderfully satisfying and toothsome soup.
Ingredients:1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 pounds broccoli, cut in bite-size pieces
6 ounces grated cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons sprouted flour or, for gluten-free, 1 1/2 teaspoons of glucomannan powder (to order) and this article, explaining what glucomannan powder is and why it's such a great alternative to flour
4 cups chicken bone broth
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
4 cups heavy whipping cream
Extra broccoli (bite-size pieces) for garnish
Directions:1. Turn pressure cooker to sauté mode and melt the butter.
2. Add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the onion and mix well. Cook for another minute (or if using glucomannan, skip this step, and continue to step 4; glucomannan powder will be added later to thicken soup).
4. Add the chicken stock to the pan and whisk slowly.
5. Add the broccoli, sea salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Close lid and cook for five minutes.
6. When cooking is done, quick release pressure.
7 Stir in cream until hot.
8. If using glucomannan, slowly sprinkle the powder over the soup a little at a time while whisking to blend. Continue to stir as soup thickens. (Skip this step if using flour to thicken the soup.)
9. Add one-third of the cheddar cheese and stir well.
10. Using an immersion blender (or standing blender in small batches) puree the soup until it is mostly smooth.
11. Re-warm over low heat. Garnish with remaining cheese and extra broccoli and serve hot.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!