Chicken and Toasted Peanut Salad
2 c. leftover chicken meat, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1/2 c. lightly salted roasted organic peanuts
1/2 c. diced celery
1.2 c. diced green bell pepper
2. T. real brewed soy sauce (Trader Joe's or Kikkoman)
2 T. brown rice vinegar
2 t. expeller-expressed dark roasted sesame oil
2 t. expeller-expressed peanut oil
1 t. raw, unfiltered honey
1 green onion, chopped
real sea salt or Redmond Real salt to taste
ground white pepper to taste
1 small head napa or Chinese cabbage (or regular and red cabbage), finely shredded
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro (garnish)
1 green onion, chopped (garnish)
1. Place chicken, peanuts, celery and green bell pepper in a medium bowl.
2. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, peanut oil and honey; mix until honey dissolves.
3. Stir in minced green onion; mix well. Pour dressing over chicken mixture.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Divide cabbage among 4 plates. Spoon chicken mixture equally over cabbage. Garnish with cilantro and onion.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!