1 bunch red or golden beets (you can usually find these at the local farmer's market)
1. Cut tops (greens) from beetroot. (Use the greens another night. Cook as directed for Steamed Greens.)
2. Place in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 45 minutes or until beets are fork-tender.
3. Run under cold water and remove the outer layer. It will just peel off easily. Under that layer is a beautiful red or golden glistening gem!
4. Slice beets and put back in the saucepan with butter. Heat on low setting until butter is melted and beets are hot.
5. Stir to coat beets with butter. Season to taste with real salt and pepper.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!