California Spinach Salad
1 1/2 pounds of fresh spinach, rinsed well
1 lemon, juiced
2-3 avocados, cubed
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
2 oranges (regular or blood orange or both), thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
Fennel fronds and sprigs of mint for garnish
1. Place the spinach in a large serving bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, generously drizzle lemon juice over the avocado cubes to enhance the flavor and prevent browning.
3. Gently mix avocados, fennel, onion and oranges into the spinach leaves.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lay garnishes on top of the salad
4. When ready to serve, add vinaigrette.