Brown Rice and Peas with Parsley
3 c. cooked Soft and Savory Brown Rice (click here for recipe)
3 T. butter
1/4 c. chopped green onion (white and green parts)
1 c. frozen peas
1 bay leaf
1/8 t. cayenne pepper (optional)
1 T. lemon zest
2 T. finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place brown rice in a buttered casserole dish (if rice is not already hot).
3. Cover with aluminum foil and heat in the oven for 30 minutes or until very hot.
4. Melt the butter in a skillet.
5. Add the onions, peas, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, salt and lemon zest.
6. Heat, stirring to warm peas until hot.
7. Remove bay leaf.
8. Take hot rice from the oven and stir in pea mixture and parsley.