Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Grilled Chicken Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each cut into 3 serving-sized pieces (sandwich size)
teriyaki marinade (recipe is below)
1 each red and green bell peppers, cut into thin slices
3 T. expeller-pressed olive oil or coconut oil
6 thick slices of jack cheese to top chicken pieces with
6 Alvarado St. Whole Wheat Spouted hamburger buns
Wasabi mayonnaise and/or hot mustard
Other possible garnishes: avocado, arugula, red onion slices, lettuce, tomato slices
1. Make marinade (see recipe below).
2. Place chicken pieces in zipper baggy with marinade. Refrigerate for 4-12 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Grill chicken on barbecue or under the broiler. Do not overcook.
4. While chicken is grilling, saute bell pepper slices in olive or coconut oil till limp and slightly browned.
5. When chicken is done, place one piece of cheese on each breast portion and transfer to a plate. Cover with a pot lid and keep warm in the oven.
6. Toast hamburger buns on the grill. Place a breast portion on each bun and top with peppers.
7. Spread mayonnaise and/or mustard on bun half and enjoy!
Teriyaki Marinade Ingredients:
1/4 c. toasted sesame oil
1/4 c. expeller-pressed safflower oil
1 c. soy sauce
2 tablespoons pure organic maple syrup or unfiltered raw honey
3 cloves garlic, mashed
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
2 tablespoons sherry
1. Mix ingredients well.
2. Use as directed above.
Makes 6 servings.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!