Mixed Greens, Toasted Maple Pecans and Goat Cheese with Balsamic Maple Vinaigrette
Salad Ingredients: 6-8 slices bacon, chopped (optional)
8-10 c. baby field greens or torn leaf lettuce
1 pear, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 c. dried cherries or cranberries
1 c. crumbled chevre (goat cheese)
1 recipe Toasted Maple Pecans (get recipe here)
1. In a large bowl, toss together bacon, greens, pear, dried cherries (or cranberries) and goat cheese.
2. Drizzle with the desired amount of dressing (see recipe below).
3. Add pecans and toss to combine.
Balsamic-Maple Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1 c. expeller-expressed high oleic safflower oil
1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 c. expeller-expressed, extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c. pure organic maple syrup
2 T. Dijon-type mustard
1 large shallot, minced
1/2 t. real sea salt or Redmond Real salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
1. Add all ingredients to a large jar with a tight-fitting lid.
2. Cover and shake well.
3. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Shake well before serving. Will last about one month refrigerated.
Makes about 2 1/4 cups.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!