Pasta Pie with Sausage
6 ounces organic brown rice spaghetti noodles (Tinkyada is good)
2 links uncooked Italian sausage (either hot or sweet)
1 green bell pepper, cut into slices
1onion, cut into slices
4 T. extra-virgin, expeller-expressed olive oil, divided
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tomato, sliced thinly
1 t. real sea salt (this is gray in color), or Redmond Real Salt
1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
2 c. cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with soft butter.
3. Cook noodles according to pkg. directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
4. Brown sausage links, bell pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in heavy skillet till no pink remains. Remove to a plate and let cool.
5. Stir eggs, Parmesan cheese and remaining 2 T. of oil into cooked pasta.
6. Press pasta mixture onto bottom and up sides of the prepared pie plate to form a crust.
7. Slice cooled sausage into 1/4-inch thick slices. Lay sausage and sliced tomato on pasta.
8. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheddar cheese.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes until hot and cheese is lightly browned.
Makes 6 servings.