Greek Lamb Stew with Spinach and Artichokes
2 to 2 1/2 lb. boneless lamb shoulder roast
1 19 oz. can cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon real salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (optional)
3 cups fresh baby spinach
3 cups hot cooked brown rice (1 cup uncooked)
crumbled feta cheese
1. Trim excess fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker stir together meat, beans, undrained tomatoes, garlic, salt and oregano.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
4. Stir in drained artichoke hearts and spinach.
5. To serve, spoon lamb mixture over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
Makes 6 servings.