Multi-Grain Gluten Free Pancakes
This recipe is slightly modified from this website. I always make changes - just because!
Multi-Grain Gluten Free PancakesIngredients:
1/2 cup of oat flour
2/3 cup of almond flour
1/3 cup of organic (is non-GMO) corn meal, finely ground or organic (is non-GMO) corn masa (I like to use white masa)
1/3 cup of oats, uncooked
1/4 cup of tapioca or arrowroot starch (sometimes called "flour")
1 1/2 tablespoon of coconut flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of milk
2 eggs, separated
1 tablespoon of melted butter or coconut oil
1 tablespoon of organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon of maple extract (or vanilla)
1. In a large bowl thoroughly combine all of the dry ingredients.
2. Separate the egg yolk from the egg white and distribute into two separate bowls. Beat the whites until stiff.
3. In the bowl with the yolk add the remaining liquid ingredients and mix well. (Do not add egg whites yet.)
4. Combine the dry and the milk/egg yolk mixture. The batter will be thick.
5. Gently fold in egg whites and stir slowly to combine so air bubbles in egg whites remain in tact.
6. Ladle batter onto a hot griddle with coconut oil added to prevent sticking.
7. Serve pancakes with butter and organic maple syrup and enjoy!