Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Lasagne
1 (8 oz. pkg. brown rice lasagna noodles (Tinkyada is good)
1/3 c. butter
1/3 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
2 3/4 c. traditional bone chicken stock (get the recipe here)
3 c. organic heavy cream
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. butter
2 T. extra-virgin, expeller-expressed olive oil
1 small to medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 mushrooms, chopped (optional)
Meat from 1 whole roasted or stewed chicken (use the carcass to make more mineral-rich bone stock - (get the recipe here)
real sea salt (it's gray) or Redmond Real salt
1 c. ricotta cheese
1 16-oz. bag frozen spinach, partially thawed
3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Directions for Noodles:
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package until al dente. Drain and rinse very well with cold water to prevent noodles from sticking together.
Directions for Alfredo Sauce:
3. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir till mixture is bubbly. Cook one minute longer, stirring to prevent excess browning.
4. Using a whisk, slowly stir in stock till all is added and of a smooth consistency. Raise heat to medium and bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat and continue cooking till sauce is thickened.
5. Stir in cream and Parmesan cheese. Return to a simmer, stirring frequently until well blended.
Directions for Chicken Mixture:
6. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion in the oil until tender, then add garlic and mushrooms. Mix in the chicken and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Directions for Casserole:
7. Ladle just enough of the cream sauce into a baking dish (larger than a 9"x13") to coat the bottom.
8. Layer with 1/3 of the lasagna noodles, 1/2 c. of ricotta, 1/2 of the spinach, 1/2 of the chicken mixture, and 1 c. mozzarella. Top with 1/2 the cream sauce and repeat the layers. Place the remaining noodles on top and spread with remaining sauce.
9. Bake one hour or until browned and bubbly. Top with the remaining mozzarella and continue baking until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Makes 12 servings.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!