Pull-Apart Roast Beef
1 (3-4) lb. beef pot roast (7-bone, round or rump) (see note below)
Redmond real salt or real sea salt
(should be gray or pink in color - not white)
garlic powder (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place roast in a Dutch oven that has a tight-fitting lid. It is important that the lid fits securely without letting steam escape.
3. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder over all sides of roast. (Use slightly more than you think you should.) Place lid on Dutch oven.
4. Bake for 6 hours, checking periodically to make sure roast has plenty of liquid on it.
5. The roast is done when it is fork-tender and pulls apart easily. Remove roast from oven pan and transfer to a serving platter. (If it is a bone-in roast, remove bones before serving.)
6. Use rich liquid from roast to serve over rice or potatoes if desired or make gravy from the liquid.
Note: This should be a large enough roast to have leftovers for Barbecue Beef Sandwiches also. Adjust the size of roast if needed. The cooking time will still be the same.