Chicken Cutlets and Roasted Red Potatoes with Herb Sauce
2 T. extra-virgin, expeller-expressed olive oil
1 1/2 pounds new red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (no need to peel)
1 1/2 t. real sea salt or Redmond Real Salt
1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. dry white wine
2 T. real butter, chilled
2 T. chopped fresh herbs, such as rosemary, chives, parsley or tarragon (a combination is nice)
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15 minutes.
4. Transfer to a baking dish and season with 1 t. of the salt. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels Season on both sides with 1/4 t. of the salt and 1/8 t. of the pepper.
6. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on each side and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
7. Transfer the chicken to a platter.
8. Add the wine to the skillet, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes., constantly stirring and scraping the bottom.
9. Add 1 T. of the butter and stir or whisk until completely combined.
10. Repeat with the remaining butter.
11. Remove the skillet from heat.
12. Add the herbs and the remaining salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
13. Add the potatoes to the platter with the chicken and spoon the sauce over the top.
Makes 4 servings.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!