Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
1 tablespoon expeller-expressed, extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef (grass-fed and raised without hormones or antibiotics)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup green beans
1 cup tomatoes, diced
2 potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup filtered water
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Cook onion in oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in the ground beef and basil, and cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
6. Mix in the garlic, green beans, and tomatoes, and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Transfer beef mixture to prepared dish.
8. In a mixing bowl, mix together the mashed potatoes, egg, and water.
9. Spread evenly over meat mixture.
10. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes start to brown on top.
11. Sprinkle with cheese, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!