Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with Ham
1 package (16 ounces) split peas
2 cups ham, cut into small cubes
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 tablespoon real salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. ground turmeric
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
6 cups chicken stock
1 lemon, cut and juice squeezed into a bowl
1. Place all of the ingredients into the pressure cooker and secure lid.
2. When pressure is achieved, set a timer for 10 minutes.
3. When the cook time is complete and pressure is fully released, remove the lid with caution.
4. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Add lemon juice to soup and stir to combine.
5. Garnish with any of the following: a dollop of sour cream, chopped cilantro, grated cheese, chopped green onion, lemon wedges.
6. Serve and enjoy.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!