Chinese Chicken Salad Bowls
3 navel oranges (see notes) or 6 Mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned
16 ounces brown rice fettuccine noodles, cooked according to directions
4 cups shredded red cabbage
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
6 green onions (including green tops), sliced diagonally
4 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 large avocados, cubed
2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 cups chopped cilantro
2 cups coarsely chopped cashews
4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
4 tablespoons Monk Fruit sweetener
1 teaspoon caramel extract
2 tablespoon Asian red chile sauce (such as Siracha)
3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
1/2 cup avocado oil
2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, bring about 1-quart water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, then plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
2. Cut off and discard ends from oranges. Following the curve of the fruit, cut off peel and outer membrane. Slice oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds, then cut these rounds into quarters. Set aside. Or, if using Mandarin oranges, simply peel and separate them into sections.
3. In each individual bowl, lay a portion of the noodles, then the oranges, cabbage, celery, green onions and chicken. Drizzle over the dressing. Top with asparagus, avocado, then garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro and cashews.
SPICY SOY-GINGER DRESSING:
4. In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, Monk Fruit sweetener, caramel extract, soy sauce, chile sauce and ginger.
5. Slowly drizzle avocado and sesame oils into vinegar mixture, whisking constantly till combined with all ingredients.
6. Season with salt to taste.
7. Drizzle over salad and enjoy.