Summer Fresh Pesto Sauce
Ingredients:4 c. loosely packed fresh basil leaves
4 large garlic cloves
1/2 c. walnuts or pine nuts, lightly toasted
3/4 c. loosely packed fresh Italian parsley
1 c. extra-virgin, expeller-expressed olive oil
3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (3 oz.)
1/2 t. real sea salt or Redmond Real salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
1. In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine basil, garlic, nuts and parsley. Process with on/off motions until mixture is coarsely chopped.
2. With processor running, add olive oil in a thin stream.
3. Stop machine; add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Process until as smooth as possible; add more salt if desired to taste.
5. Pour pesto into a container with a tight-fitting lid; cover tightly.
6.Refrigerate 2 to 3 days or freeze up to 4 months.
7. Thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Makes about 2 cups.
Post a Comment
Your ideas and input are valuable to me. I would love to hear from you!